Tuesday, 23 December 2014


Hi. Just a quick blog. This month Archiscraps Challenges has featured an amazing bridge, shaped like a dragon Their criteria was to use an animal either In the photo or as an embellishment.
With this in mind, I've  used  3 photos from probably the quietest tawny youngling  we've  had in the garden.

This little one was quite content to snuggle up between tree branches and just watch inquisitively from time to time. I've distressed the edges of the paper by tearing, inking and popping in some scraps of paper under some of the rolled sections. The only other embellishments are a chipboard tree, heat embossed in a soft grey/green, and some bronze-coloured metallic leaves.
There's still a little time remaining to enter the challenge, so pop on over to have a look at their amazing bridge ans the layouts completed by the DT members. You'll find them at: archiscraps.blogspot

Cheers for now,

Monday, 22 December 2014


Hi and welcome.  It's such a busy time of the year so  thank you for dropping by. Anything  But A Card, this month, has been delving into the theme "Celestial", which has meant quite varying things to members of the team.
After a play day at  timetocreate  exploring different ways to change background papers, one paper in particular screamed.. Celestial!!!!  The whole piece, once finished, reminded me of some distant planetary system with moons, satellites, planets. I originally was going to do a mobile featuring such planetary objects, but after a very vivid dream, and one which oddly for me stayed in my mind the day after, I came up with the idea of a festival mask.

Completed mask with photo edited on a night setting to show the glitter.

The background was a glossy black A4 card.  This had been daubed with metallic acrylic paints in copper and bronze.  radiating from these were lines of Viva metallic pens. In between we stamped with silver  and added imprints from the end of our daubers with gold 3D Stamping Paint.

Close-up of mask how it looked at first

To the mask shape cut from this background I added some gold glittered stars, (these have come up silver on this photo), stars cut from gold and copper-coloured mirror board (finished with Kindyglitz bling) and tinsel pipe cleaners bent into star shapes . I added additional silver finishes around the outside of the frame and eye slits ( dabbed on silver ink).

Mask shown in natural light
 I thought that this would be the finish but after further contemplation decided to add another element.. a "Man in the Moon cut from pearlised white card and edged with Kindyglitz. Unfortunately the eye details and edging have not shown up on these photos. The mask is held by hand. This leg has been made from a thin piece of dowel, with tinsel pipe cleaners twisted around it.

mask with the addition of a moon.

Thank you for stopping by. There's still time to get your celestial muses working. We'd love to see your art at anythingbutacard so  why not drop on over and have a look at the amazing pieces done by the rest of the team.

Cheers for now.


Wednesday, 17 December 2014


ARTastic this month has a great challenge which can be Christmas -themed if you wish and has also added a colour palette.

I've chosen to use a photo of my son's first Santa encounter at 15 months of age.... he was so NOT impressed, as can be seen by his facial expression. Normally he would have been smiling as at this age he loved having his photo taken ( how THAT has changed!).

The background was originally done as an explore piece at timetocreate  and involved colouring- up  this diamond checker-board patern with Pan Pastels... the first time we had used them. To the layout we also added a decoration (made in the same class) and an embossed frame with added highlights of Inca Gold. The background has been sitting around for about a year now in my UfP (unfinished projects) pile. The title I originally went with didn't work out, so I cut out sections where it had been, as well as additional segments,  and placed  the lot onto a smooshed red background.  Green,blues and yellow, as suggested by the colour palette, were also added to the embellishments and parts of the diamond paper. This was done by inking with chalk edgers.

The gold stars are tags, which I've also smooshed and decorated with Perlene Pens.

Pop on over to artastic and have a look at what the rest of the team has done. You'll find amazing ideas to inspire you. I hope you can join us this month.

Cheers for now,

Monday, 1 December 2014


Hi and welcome to my first December post. The year has flown by so quickly and I haven't done a smidge of what I expected to have done this year.

This layout, for Pixels and Paper is of the ice and snow on top of  Mt Wellington, Tasmania. The flowers and bushes had been transformed into solid crystals  which glittered in the sunlight.

From our inspiration image I took the clean crisp colours of blues and whites and incorporated them into the layout. We'd love to see what you come up with. Pop on over to Pixels and Paper to see what the team has come up with. You'll find us at:pixelsandpaperchallengeblog.

Our inspiration image of the Northern Lights

Thank you for stopping by. Catch you again soon.
Cheers, Di