Tuesday, 28 March 2017


Hi. At artastic this month the focus has been on stencilling. For this challenge I have created a canvas wall panel.

The background is a 30cm x 40cm deep canvas which was firstly painted with white acrylic paint. To this I added steaks of greys, ochre and umber to make a weathered appearance. Stencilled fronds to represent seaweeds were added in various shades of grey to create a layered effect. The stencils were also applied to the sides of the canvas. In addition to this I added mesh fibre which was then sprinkled with embossing powders, beads and sequins which were then heated.
This method was also used on the smaller canvas board with starfish skeletons.

The glues used for this technique are PVA based and when applied thickly, give fabulous bubble effects when heated.
The inspiration from ARTastic was based on the work of William Rose.

Catch you again soon.
Cheers, Di

Tuesday, 14 March 2017


Hi! This month, archiscraps has a great challenge involving mosaics.
For my entry I have used a background mosaic stencilled with Distress Oxide ink. First time I've used this new product and I am liking it heaps!

Onto this I've added diecut  mosaic pieces made from a background paper created at a recent class at timetocreate . This has actually been made from paper towels which were coloured with Colour Burst powders. it was amazing how much water these paper towels could hold! 
The photos of what I'm calling footpath art, were taken at a beautiful little picnic / lookout spot  in the Glasshouse Mountains, on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.  There were quite a number of these, each depicting one of the mountains and this snake from one of the local Aboriginal Dreamtime stories.

This is one of the inspirational photos for this month's challenge. Pop on over an check it out.

Cheers for now.  Di

Monday, 6 March 2017


This month at Pixels and Paper we are celebrating flowers.


For this I have used a background completed as part of an exploration class at Time to Create. This has a sprayed background finished with punched flowers, stamping and printing with natural objects.To complete the layout I've used a CD prepared for my last month's team training at P & P. This was alcohol inked. Flowers were also diecut from old blurry photos which also had the same treatment. A great way to upcycle them.
Check out the inspiration photo and pop on over to see what the rest of the team has done.

We'd love to see what you come up with. The competition at pixelsandpaper goes until the end of the month.
Cheers for now. Di