Wednesday 17 December 2014

DISENCHANTED

ARTastic this month has a great challenge which can be Christmas -themed if you wish and has also added a colour palette.

I've chosen to use a photo of my son's first Santa encounter at 15 months of age.... he was so NOT impressed, as can be seen by his facial expression. Normally he would have been smiling as at this age he loved having his photo taken ( how THAT has changed!).


The background was originally done as an explore piece at timetocreate  and involved colouring- up  this diamond checker-board patern with Pan Pastels... the first time we had used them. To the layout we also added a decoration (made in the same class) and an embossed frame with added highlights of Inca Gold. The background has been sitting around for about a year now in my UfP (unfinished projects) pile. The title I originally went with didn't work out, so I cut out sections where it had been, as well as additional segments,  and placed  the lot onto a smooshed red background.  Green,blues and yellow, as suggested by the colour palette, were also added to the embellishments and parts of the diamond paper. This was done by inking with chalk edgers.



The gold stars are tags, which I've also smooshed and decorated with Perlene Pens.

Pop on over to artastic and have a look at what the rest of the team has done. You'll find amazing ideas to inspire you. I hope you can join us this month.

Cheers for now,
Di

3 comments:

  1. Di your explore piece worked wonderfully with your challenge color palette and I love the Non Traditional Christmas Elements you have teamed with your photo. I am not a fan of having my photo taken either. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous page - love the almost translucent look to the colours in background.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title of your page and the fun photo! The colors on the background are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete