Monday 16 February 2015

FRIENDSHIP TAG

Hi again. This month Anything But A card Challenges has its theme centred around friendship. For this challenge I have made a very large tag.


The base is made from black cardstock. This was stencilled with modelling cream. The next layer is a wallpaper sample and then I've added a topper from Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Collection.
I'd been thinking that a number of my fiends are some distance away from me and though we rarely see each other, when we do have the chance to catch up in person, or on the phone, our conversations flow easily. I decided that I would make up a quote to say this... True friendship transcends time and distance.  I think that most of you would have friends that this is true for.
To complete the tag I added 2 of my new  and rapidly becoming favourite, dies and embossing folders from the Tim Holtz range. Both were cut from card I had sprayed with various Lindy Stamp Gang sprays and then stencilled with modelling cream.
The ribbon at the top is a gorgeous hand- dyed silk ribbon I purchased at a local craft fair.
Pop on over to: anythingbutacard and check out what the rest of the team has done for this challenge. We'd love to see your art here.

Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers, Di

6 comments:

  1. WOW I've been playing with those bugs and they are large so your beautiful tag must be sensational. Your sentiment is perfect Di!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Diane - it must be a whopper of a tag, as I know the size of those die cuts!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di... your tag is so pretty.... love the layering and the use of the modeling paste is great... I agree, with your sentiment exactly... I think that's what really makes a true friend. When you can see a friend for the first time and years and pick right up like you just saw each other the day before... Those friendships are rare but truly amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag! The butterfly and dragonfly colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making tags and looking at tag creations! Yours is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL Di. I can only imagine how much more gorgeous it is in person. Also wild about your dragonfly and butterfly. Your sentiment is so true. j.

    ReplyDelete