Friday 7 September 2012

Look up

Hi! Today I'm showing a layout with photos taken, again from one of our Tassie trips, this time from the Hastings Caves. These were the first caves I'd been to and I found them quite amazing, with the wonderful formations and colours highlighted by strategically placed lighting. Our guide was very friendly and informative, so it was a great visit. We were also lucky enough to be able to spot some cave spiders... very long, spindly legs on them.

 
I've used some marbled background paper, because it resembled some of the rocks we saw in the caves. The rest of the papers were also inked with Distress Inks. Spider and web embellishments were painted with white acrylic and glittered while still wet, and I used a fine metallic thread to link the two. I'm going to attempt to flick this over to the Anything But A Card Challenge. The first one for them with an anything goes! This is also my first challenge attempt for quite some time.
Thanks for dropping by, Di

6 comments:

  1. Hello, here's someone I know! And she is creating another wonderful page too! Love the metallic thread Di. Thank you for joining in the Anything But A Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wonderful layout Di! So good to see the embellishments given the paint treatment and the page inked up too - lots of lovely skills to make a page you will treasure!
    Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at ABAC's first challenge and I do hope you won't leave it too long before you join in again!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and great layout Di, your background and distressed edges are fabulous. I think we almost have an identical photo to that of your top right corner from our trip to these caves. Good Luck with your Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos and such a fabulous layout to showcase them! The marbled background is beautiful and I love the technique on the spider and web. The thread is brilliant!! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove all the distressing..what great ttexture it gives it! Thanks for joining us at ABAC! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout! Love all the texture! Thanks for joining us at ABAC!

    ReplyDelete