I've had my first go at producing something in the Steampunk mode... at least I hope it is! A lovely crafty friend, Judi, lent me her Chocolate Baroque set, with a gorgeous butterfly. It is this that I chose to use as part of a tag for the current ABAC Challenge 23 'Steampunk'. See what the design team has come up with at: http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.ca/
I started by covering a tag with self-adhesive aluminium plumbers flashing; embossed in 2 different folders, just to give a couple of different textures on the background. This was then smooshed with alcohol inks.
I thought that this didn't look quite old enough, so I smeared on some 3D stamping paint and when dry, lightly sanded back some of the raised sections.
The butterfly was stamped onto silver mirror board and coloured with permanent markers before being adorned with brass brads and bling.
Cogs were also die cut from the same card and inked with alcohol inks and Vintaj Patinas.
Roses were quilled from folded strips of aluminium kitchen foil. This took a little experimentation to find the right number of times to fold the strips so that they stayed intact. Alcohol inks were swiped across the petals, and Patina carefully tipped on and smoothed out with a small brush.
I completed the tag with a strip of lace from my stash.
This was an interesting challenge and it certainly took me in a new direction of experimentation.
What I used:
Alcohol Inks: Latte, Ginger, Espresso, Mushroom and Metallic Copper.
Vintaj Patina: Verdigis, Rust.
3D Stamping Paint: Black
Thank you for visiting and for your lovely comments.