Monday 22 June 2015

THE HAZARDS

Hi and welcome. Today, I'm showing a layout which was started over a year ago and finally completed... and a perfect one for this month's theme at Anything But a Card: Out and About.
This layout was started at a workshop at :timetocreate where Julie demonstrated a technique we were to use: spraying white card with metallic paints, swiping over sections with daubers and when dry, putting through an embossing folder.


The board I prepared was cut into different sized strips and put onto black cardstock. I also used an A4 card to tear and distress additional strips of black.. These were placed on the background and some sections were then versamarked through a stencil, and heat embossed... and that's where it was left.

It was left until fairly recently, when iIretrieved it from my UFO pile (getting smaller). I decided to add additional embossing over the black background, some through a stencil and some by just dropping onto the page and carefully heating from some distance, adding more powder as it started to melt. In this way I was able to get flicks of embossing that looked like sea spray on some sections.

 
I added die cut circles put through an embossing folder. inked with silver and also heat embossed with a fine embossing powder, then added the photos.
The photos were taken on our last trip to Tasmania on the beautiful north-east coastline at a charming village, Coles Bay. This bay overlooked the cliff area known as The Hazards.  This is an area we wish to return to and explore further.
There's still time to check out and maybe even enter this month's challenge, so why not pop on over to:anythingbutacard and check out what my teamies have done this  month.
 
Thank you for popping by and leaving some love.
Catch you all again soon.
Cheers, Di

3 comments:

  1. Diane... what a great piece... Love how you utilized the embossing powders and the photos are beautiful !!!! I have several old layouts that are sitting in a pile just calling my name to come finish them.... Hummm I think you have inspired me to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chilly to look at this morning Di but what a great layout! Another UFO down and dusted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are stunning and the page is absolutely gorgeous!

    I have a mountain of UFOs waiting for me...

    ReplyDelete