Saturday 15 November 2014

1974 PLUS OODLES OF DOODLES

 
Hi and welcome.
This month at ARTastic, we are using doodles to create added interest to our artwork. I've probably gone overboard with my doodling for this layout, but I find it quite therapeutic! This originally started out just in black and white, but I decided to add some colour, using Pan Pastels in some of the segments.
 
 
Doodles done with an ultra-fine sharpie.

The photo I've used is one of self, taken in 1974. I was dining out at the Italo-Australian Club in Lismore with my husband. This was one of our favourite places to have an enjoyable meal, authentic Italian,  followed by dancing in the auditorium.


The inspiration picture of these quirky hens have lots of loops and dots doodled around them. I chose these elements when designing some of the sections. I also used music notes... the chooks must have music to dance to, mustn't they?

Picture by Antje Collis... "Tra-La-La"


Also, I was given the opportunity, at ARTastic to present the Tips, Tricks and Techniques segment  for the month and continued with the doodling theme, producing some card fronts using the same techniques. This time, instead of using a photo as a focal pint I used stamps. I took some of the stamp features to turn into design elements.


Black and white... again ultra-fine black sharpie

Laser paper smooshed with distress inks before doodling

Colour added with ultra- fine sharpies.
 There's till time to show us your doodling. We'd love to see what you come up with. Pop on over to:
artastic to see what the rest of our team has been up to.
Happy doodling.
Cheers, Di

No comments:

Post a Comment