The challenge at ARTastic this month, includes the use of fabric. Check the inspirational art piece, criteria and the great takes on this by the rest of the team at: http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/
I've done a house-shaped mini album. The covers have been die cut from canvas and each page features some form of fabric: diecut flowers from old denim jeans or hessian (burlap), ribbon, torn fabric, or diecut fabric leaves. The inside pages have been diecut from laser print card, smooshed firstly with Distress Inks, then stamped with archival inks. On the pages I've also used a diecut chevron trellis and the leftover cut-outs as accents. Blue and / or black coloured bling has been added, as these were two of the colours used on the inspiration piece.
This post has quite a number of photos, showing the inside pages of the album. The photos were taken in October, 1977, the year we built our house, and show the early stages the building. I've added a very poignant photo of my mum and dad, favourite uncle and aunt and myself,. This was the last photo taken of my dad- he passed away the following month... cancer, and therefore the last one of this group as well. It had been dad's wish to see our house built, but I believe he knew it wasn't to be, so he asked to see it as it was and we were so happy that he was able to see at least this much.
|Canvas with smooshings of ink|
|Almost completed front cover|
|Page 1. The beginnings.|
|Page 9. Our son standing on an extension my husband built|
|Page 10. A Giant Strelitzia (Bird of Paradise)... the name really suits this plant as it is now much higher than our house!|
|Page 11. The namesake of this blog.. one of our much loved tawny frogmouths. The tree is a chipboard piece, coloured in 3D Stamping Paint, then layered over the top with Glossy Accents... very sparkly effect!|
|Page 12. A shot of some very special hippeastrums, which flower mid-late winter and early spring.|
See you soon.