Often, we have a car parked where the tree landed, but not Friday! It did take out a row of lillypillies, but with some judicious pruning ( almost to ground level with a couple) they may regrow,
The tree roots have entangled with the phone cable, but it didn't break. They're still sitting, waiting to be removed.
The rest of the tree was lopped, chopped and mulched on Saturday, re-opening the street to traffic. The damage in other towns in the region has been quite horrendous, with roofs lost, buildings damaged, flooding and on the coast, erosion caused by the rough seas.
So, back to LUCK!.
Today I'm showing my take on Challenge 13 at ABAC. Take a look at at what everyone else has done at http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.ca/
I started my layout with a cut-out photo of self, taken about 40 years ago! This was put onto a background of silver mirror board.
Acetate, left over from craft packaging, was embossed with T.H's 'Crack" embossing folder, cut down to fit an oval frame, inked lightly with StazOn Metallic Silver and Midnight Blue and then placed over the photo to form.... my cracked mirror.
The frame is a chipboard piece from 'Dusty Attic', a company specialising in fine chipboard embellishments. This has been treated with Opals enamels in Banksia and Nut, to give an antique look. It was also smooched with a touch of metallic silver stazon for some extra patina.The frame was then glued to the acetate.
Various ' Good and Bad Luck ' superstitions were written on the layout. I used gel pens for this.
The titles were written using a T.H. embossing pen and heat embossed with white. When cool, I coloured over the embossing with watercolour pencils (Black magic technique, tho' a departure from the normal one, done with white ink, coloured and outlined with white).
I like the extra depth of texture, and the more vibrant colours this particular method gives (thank you Julie, timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au for the tip).
Some of the drawn symbols were coated with glossy accents. On the number 13 I used the crackle glossy accents. This gave an unexpected result, changing the colour of the gel pen underneath, from gold to black.... interesting!
Random dotting for a framework completed the layout. This was done with Lumiere acrylics.
Thank you for visiting. Thank you also for your positive comments and feedback. They are most welcome and I enjoy reading them and visiting your blogs to see what you have been doing. Cheers, Di