For this, I've made a tag. The base is card which has been used initially as an overspray/ inking sheet. To this I added additional smooshings of distress inks and splattered with water.
This was then sprayed with Dylusions ink and Glimmer Mist. Gesso was also applied through a stencil. As this was added while the sprays were still damp, some of the green was able to bleed into the gesso.
The card was cut to the size I needed. Photos of a juvenile tawny frogmouth were cut out. This particular tawny spent a crazy 30 - 40 minutes one morning, gyrating and bobbling around on the branch while its two parents, appeared to look on in askance at its behaviour. We were able to capture various moments in this episode between fits of laughter. The juvy just carried on unperturbed. The photos chosen show just five of the poses and facial expressions we captured... there were many more. Some of the positions it put itself into made it look like a gargoyle, so this became its name.
Added to the tag was stamping, torn net fibre and scrim.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments. I always like to see what people think and I like to reciprocate by visiting your blogs and leaving comments as well.
Catch you again soon.
PS. ABAC is currently having a Design Team call. If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, check out the details.